Sunday, January 29, 2012

Hello readers!

I have spent half an hour considering how to introduce myself. How best to let you know who you are dealing with?

Perhaps I should tell a funny story? Of course, once I think about it, I can't come up with anything that could be considered at all witty or entertaining. Humour is hard to do on command.

Perhaps I should throw labels at the screen, in the hope that if I describe myself in enough stereotypes, one might resonate with a reader? I can think of many labels that could describe me superficially. But none that are compelling or insightful enough to make a proper introduction. Besides, that would be boring.

Perhaps I could simply launch into an anecdote about me? But even this doesn't sit right with me. Call me old-fashioned, but I like to introduce myself and make friends before I share.

And who am I to portray myself as anyway? I could focus on my best points, carefully
constructing a perfect image of a woman.

I could simply begin with a picture. If I was to glamorise myself, I could pick a photo like this:




Or this:


...and thus, lead you to believe that I am always beautiful and fashionable. Of course, this is not true. These are rare photos, from when I was thinner and more vain. And, as such, I feel they are misleading and not representative of who I really am.

I want to be honest with you all. So, in addition to my beautiful photos, I am also going to show you what I look like when I wake up in the morning. This, I believe, is important. Because when you imagine me in the stories I will tell in my later posts, I would like you to imagine me as I really am. Also, I think it will make you laugh, and that will help break the ice between us.

Are you ready? If you faint of heart, you may want to tab out for a moment and take a deep breath. I'll understand.

Ok.

In all my bespectacled glory! In all honesty, though, normally I look somewhere between the two extremes I have posted. Feel free to picture me how you wish.

I hope to post many stories on this blog, and I hope you will find my style of sharing interesting. In the meantime, maybe we can be friends?

3 comments:

  1. Hello Felicity! Mum told me you'd started a blog, so I just had to come and see it. Welcome to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Imogen! I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts and stories. I just hope I don't run out of steam!

      Delete
    2. I'm sure you won't. If you're writing about life, then you'll always have things to say. Life never stops happening does it?

      Delete